Church of Our Lady of the Assumption, Magherafelt

Canon Patrick Donnelly built the Church of Our Lady of the Assumption on a plot of land donated by the Salters Company in present day King Street. This beautiful Church, one of the most beautiful in the archdiocese, was officially dedicated on September 10th, 1882, by Dr McGettigan, Archbishop of Armagh and the sermon  preached by the Bishop of Raphoe Dr Logue, later Cardinal Logue, Archbishop of Armagh.



In order to cater for growing numbers in the parish Canon Mc Keone PP (1976- 1993), added a new wing to the Church in 1981.


Image Gallery